accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo 1.7.1 on Docker
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2016 17:31:55 GMT
So, I got it running, and ran into the same problem you described.

The odd thing is that both the Accumulo Master and TabletServer seemed
to be... stuck. They both claimed to be running, but they were both hung
(unable to communicate). This ultimately caused the TabletServer to lose
its ZooKeeper lock (and why the Shell didn't think it was running).

I'm running into all sorts of docker issues ATM (trying to upgrade now,
hoping it will help), but I'd recommend trying to increase the amount of
heap for both the master and tserver from 128M to 256M in
/accumulo-1.7.1/conf/accumulo-env.sh (the -Xmx value).

Josh Elser wrote:
> Ok! Thanks, I'll look for that init.sh script.
>
> We're not too... docker-savvy here yet :), but we can definitely help
> out if we can find an automation script. Let me get back to you.
>
> Sven Hodapp wrote:
>> Hi Josh,
>>
>> thanks for your answer.
>> Currently I haven't uploaded the Dockerfile... If you want I'll upload
>> it!
>> (But currently it only is an debian with ssh, rsync, jdk7, the
>> unzipped distributions of hadoop, zookeeper and accumulo, and the set
>> of environment variables)
>>
>> Currently, and for testing, I start all things manually.
>> The steps I do is documented in /init.sh within the docker container.
>> I've enshured that dfs and zookeeper are up before starting accumulo.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sven

>>> http://accumulo.apache.org/1.7/accumulo_user_manual.html#_installation
>>> Initialization: