accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IOException in internalRead! & transient exception communicating with ZooKeeper
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2016 15:50:42 GMT
Are you using a Scanner and then a BatchWriter for that existence check?

mohit.kaushik wrote:
> I have upgraded to Accumulo-1.7.1 but the problem doesn't goes
> completely. Now strangely I am getting the same error on a single server
> not all. Is it because of the lookup that the application always does to
> check the existence of a document before inserting one?
>
> recent logs
> Keith if you say I will create a jira issue for this if required.
>
> Thanks
>

> On 02/27/2016 04:03 AM, Keith Turner wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 7:33 AM, mohit.kaushik
>> <mohit.kaushik@orkash.com <mailto:mohit.kaushik@orkash.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Thanks Keith, But My Accumulo clients are using same connection
>>     object. And the count for these WARN increase every second . Can
>>     Monitor cause these exceptions?
>>

>> I don't think so, but not 100% sure.  I think the MAster process
>> usually talks to the tservers to gather info and then the monitor
>> talks to the tserver.
>>
>> I am wondering if there is any reason that this message should be
>> logged at WARN.  Seems like a routine event, should we open an issue
>> to look into logging this at a lower level?
>>

>>     On 02/24/2016 08:18 PM, Keith Turner wrote:
>>>     You can probably ignore those.  I think its caused by an Accumulo
>>>     client closing its connection.
>>>
>>>     On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 6:35 AM, mohit.kaushik
>>>     <mohit.kaushik@orkash.com <mailto:mohit.kaushik@orkash.com>>
wrote:

>>>         here is screenshot, should I ignore these warnings?
>>>

>>>         internal read exception

= ConnectionLoss for /accumulo/f8708e0d-9238-41f5-b948-8f435fd01207/gc/lock

keeps on increasing every sec(current value around 3000 on a server) I can see the exception
for all 3 tablet servers.

 says that this exception comes when a client closes a connection before scan completes. But
the connection is not closed every thread uses a common connection object to ingest and query,
then what could cause this exception?