accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Dan Blum" <db...@bbn.com>
Subject RE: Unable to get Mini to use native maps - 1.6.2
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 21:20:58 GMT
Got it, thanks. The main problem we had turned out to be the way that MAC was being run, which
was too clever by half (it was implemented by a former employee who shall remain nameless).
Somehow it managed to filter out a small subset of logging messages including the ones produced
by NativeMap – I am still not sure how.

From: Michael Wall [mailto:mjwall@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 4:11 PM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Unable to get Mini to use native maps - 1.6.2

Dan,

I was unable to get Christopher's example to work as posted without steps mentioned earlier
in the thread.  In the MiniAccumuloCluster code for version 1.6.2, if I am reading it correctly,
you must do a couple of things.

1 - build the native libs

2 - call config.setNativeLibPaths(somedirectory)

The ProcessBuilder that is used to run the MiniAccumuloCluster does not appear to reset the
environment.  But it does overwrite whatever is in DYLIB_LIBRARY_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
with the value set in the config.  So you must call config.setNativeLibPaths and then use
that config when you create the MiniAccumuloCluster, as far as I can tell

I created the following repo to show how I did it, https://github.com/mjwall/miniaccumulocluster-nativemaps.

Hope that helps.

Mike