accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Dan Blum" <db...@bbn.com>
Subject Unable to get Mini to use native maps - 1.6.2
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2016 16:56:55 GMT
In order to test to make sure we don't have more code that needs a
workaround for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-4148 I am
trying again to enable the native maps for Mini, which we use for testing.

I set tserver.memory.maps.native.enabled to true in the site XML, and this
is getting picked up since I see this in the Mini logs:

[server.Accumulo] INFO : tserver.memory.maps.native.enabled = true

However, NativeMap should log something when it tries to load the library,
whether it succeeds or fails, but it logs nothing. The obvious conclusion is
that something about how MiniAccumuloCluster starts means that this setting
is ignored or overridden, but I am not finding it. (I see the mergeProp call
in MiniAccumuloConfigImpl.initialize which will set TSERV_NATIVEMAP_ENABLED
to false, but that should only set it if it's not already in the properties,
which it should be, and as far as I can tell the log message above is issued
after this.)