accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "mohit.kaushik" <mohit.kaus...@orkash.com>
Subject Accumulo monitor not coming up
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2016 10:12:19 GMT

The Accumulo cluster is working fine(all other processes running) but
yesterday I restarted one node on which hadoop datanode, zookeeper node,
tserver, monitor were running. I started all the processes again but
Monitor did not start. I stoped the cluster and restarted but monitor
still did not appear.

I have JMX configured for monitor process. Visual vm showing everything
like monitor is running.. When I start it again from the master server
with command "*start-server.sh ip monitor*" it says monitor is already
running with pid.  I can check the process is running with " *ps -ef |
grep pid*" But as port 50095 is not running simply I can not access the
in browser too. I have checked for the firewalls are stopped.

And not only on specific server if I start monitor on other servers the
behaviour is exactly same either JMX is configured or not. Logs have no
error. I also have checked there is no memory issue.
One more strange behaviour noticed, If I stop cluster it does not stop
cleanly and I have to press ctrl+c and when I start the cluster after
start the login prompt hangs forever and I have open another window and
again ssh to master again to work on it.

Please suggest, I am using Apache Accumulo 1.7.0.

Thanks
Mohit Kaushik