accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Billie Rinaldi <billie.rina...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple talbet servers on the same host
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2015 17:40:25 GMT
Hi Sven,

The tablet server port is configured in the accumulo-site.xml file.  Ports
should not appear in the slaves file.  Thus, you would need a separate
configuration directory for Accumulo to be able to start up a second set of
tablet servers on a different port.  Let's say you copied your existing
conf directory to a directory named conf2, with the tserver.port.client
property set to a new value in the conf2/accumulo-site.xml file, and pushed
this conf2 directory out to all your nodes.  Then you should be able to
start the second set of tablet servers by running
ACCUMULO_CONF_DIR=/path/to/conf2 $ACCUMULO_HOME/bin/tup.sh from one of the
nodes.

That's how you could do this, but I'd encourage you to evaluate whether you
actually need to do this based on your workload, hardware, version of
Accumulo, etc.

Billie