accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2015 15:33:08 GMT
Regardless of how you are running your client, it is running out of
memory.  You can adjust your java options to give the jvm more memory.
Alternatively, you an change how you use the client API to reduce memory
usage.

I just map the hostnames of the servers in client's /etc/hosts file and use
> the API

I do not understand this statement.

And I think Linux systems tries to cache as much data as they can so there
> probably a lot of file descriptors and other unused objects which OS thinks
> are useful or may be required for future reference? But I really don't know
> exactly. Please through some light on this. This would be a great help.

The problem is that you are running out of heap within your client program,
which has nothing to do with what the kernel has decided to cache.

-Eric