accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Adam J. Shook" <adamjsh...@gmail.com>
Subject Midpoint between two splits
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2015 18:17:30 GMT
Hello all,

I've got an odd use case that requires me to calculate the midpoint between
two Accumulo splits.  I've been searching through the Accumulo source code
for a little bit trying to find where Accumulo automatically calculates a
new split.  I am assuming that the new split point is somewhere around the
midpoint of two existing splits, and I was hoping to just take that instead
of coding it up myself.

Is this assumption correct?  Could someone point it out to me so I can
borrow it?  Or maybe there is some API call to calculate the midpoint?

Thank you,
--Adam