accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "mohit.kaushik" <mohit.kaus...@orkash.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2015 13:09:20 GMT
On 12/16/2015 09:07 PM, Eric Newton wrote:
> I was making the huge assumption that your client runs with the
> accumulo scripts and it is not one of the accumulo known start points:
> in this case, it is given the JVM parameters of ACCUMULO_OTHER_OPTS.
Perhaps I am asking something very obvious but I did not find any
guidelines to run clients with accumulo scripts and still i am not clear
how ACCUMULO_OTHER_OPTS which are set on server affects clients. I do
not run clients with scripts instead I just map the hostnames of the
servers in client's /etc/hosts file and use the API. Is it not preferred
? Then what is the correct procedure to start clients.

And I think Linux systems tries to cache as much data as they can so
there probably a lot of file descriptors and other unused objects which
OS thinks are useful or may be required for future reference? But I
really don't know exactly. Please through some light on this. This would
be a great help.

Thanks
-Mohit