accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Sven Hodapp <sven.hod...@scai.fraunhofer.de>
Subject Multiple talbet servers on the same host
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2015 16:30:03 GMT
Hi there,

I've read in the Accumulo Book (p. 496) that it should be possible to start on a (fat) machine
multiple tablet servers to scale (also) vertically. Sadly it's not described how to do it.
Also I didn't find anything about this issue in the official documentation.

I thought it must be configured in ACCUMULO_HOME/conf/slaves.
So I've added here the same IP with distinct ports multiple times ... in my naive thinking.
But *no* additional tablet servers are started.

Or I am completely wrong here?

Regards,
Sven

--
Sven Hodapp, M.Sc.,
Fraunhofer Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing SCAI,