accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Dylan Hutchison <dhutc...@uw.edu>
Subject Re: how to maintain versioning in D4M schema?
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2015 11:20:14 GMT
Hi Shweta,

You have lots of options.  You could append or prepend a timestamp to the
rowid or column qualifier.  When prepending to the rowid, you may want to
reverse the timestamp in order to better shard your data (that is, prevent
all updates at a particular time from going to a single tablet server), at
the expense of not being able to do range queries on time periods.  You
could also disable or relax the VersioningIterator.  It depends on what you
want to do.