accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josef Roehrl - PHEMI <jroe...@phemi.com>
Subject Quick question re UnknownHostException
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 10:25:06 GMT
Hi All,

3 times in the past few weeks (twice on 1 system, once on another), the
master gets UnknownHostException (s), one by one, for each of the tablet
servers.  Then, it wants to stop them. Eventually, all the tablet servers
quit.

It goes like this for all the tablet servers:

12 08:14:01,0498tserver:620
ERROR

error sending update to tserver3:9997:
org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException:
java.net.UnknownHostException

12 09:01:53,0352master:12
ERROR

org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: java.net.UnknownHostException

12 16:35:50,0672master:110
ERROR

unable to get tablet server status tserver3:9997[250e6cd2c500012]
org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException:
java.net.UnknownHostException

I've redacted the real host names, of course.

This could be a DNS problem, though the system was running fine for days
before this happened (same scenario on the 2 systems with really quite
different DNS servers).

If any one has a hint or seen something like this, I would appreciate any
pointers.

I have looked at the JIRA issues regarding DNS outages, but nothing seems
to fit this pattern.

Thanks

--

Josef Roehrl