accumulo-user mailing list archives

From dlmar...@comcast.net
Subject Re: loading iterator jars from file:// or http://
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2015 20:22:13 GMT
Suggest replacing the VFS 2.0 jar in the Accumulo lib directory with a VFS 2.1-SNAPSHOT jar
from [1]. There are some bugs that have been fixed, but VFS 2.1 has not been released yet.
I did this and have not had many issues loading from HDFS since. Loading jars from file:///
should work, I believe some of the Accumulo tests are written that way.

[1] https://continuum-ci.apache.org/continuum/workingCopy.action?projectId=129&projectName=Apache+Commons+VFS&userDirectory=core/target

----- Original Message -----

From: "Jonathan Lasko" <jlasko@bbn.com>
To: "accumulo-user" <user@accumulo.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 3:09:20 PM
Subject: loading iterator jars from file:// or http://

My project is loading custom iterator jars from HDFS and have run into
some VFS problems (e.g. redeploying the same jar to HDFS causes
NoClassDefFoundErrors due to NPEs in VFS). While one solution may be to
weed out and eliminate any such "redeploys," I am curious if anyone has
used contexts to load jars from file:// or http:// locations?

Thanks,

Jonathan