accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maximum number of connectors
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2015 15:29:10 GMT
Connector is tied to a specific user, so you're tied to a user for a
given instance.

I'm not aware of any testing in that direction (lots of active
connectors). Connectors aren't particularly heavy, you could keep some
cache of recently used instances and recreate them when they were
evicted from the cache due to inactivity.

The only fundamental limitation of concurrent Connector instances that I
can think of is at the RPC level. Eventually, the RPCs that the
Connector is making to Accumulo servers correlates to server-side
resources which are finite. If you have some reasonable hardware, I
don't think this is a real concern.

Would be curious to hear back how this works.