accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Ara Ebrahimi <ara.ebrah...@argyledata.com>
Subject pre-sorting row keys vs not pre-sorting row keys
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 19:30:27 GMT
Hi,

We just did a simple test:

- insert 10k batches of columns
- sort the same 10k batch based on row keys and insert

So basically the batch writer in the first test has items in non-sorted order and in the second
one in sorted order. We noticed 50% better performance in the sorted version! Why is that
the case? Is this something we need to consider doing for live ingest scenarios?

Thanks,
Ara.