accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How does Accumulo process a r-files for bulk ingesting?
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2015 13:35:09 GMT
On Oct 7, 2015 8:47 AM, "Jeff Kubina" <jeff.kubina@gmail.com> wrote:

> How does Accumulo process an r-file for bulk ingesting when the key range
of an r-file is within one tablet's key range and when the key range of an
r-file spans two or more tablets?

> If the r-file is within one tablet's range I thought the file was "just
renamed" and added to the tablet's list of r-files. Is that correct?

Bingo

> If the key range of the r-file spans two or more files is the r-file
partitioned into separate r-files for each appropriate tablet server or are
the records "batch-written" to each appropriate tablet in memory?

They're logically partitioned if memory serves (the files are not
rewritten). So you would see multiple entries in the metadata table for a
single file with certain offsets. No replaying of mutations by batch
writers.