accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tweaking non-bulk Ingest Performance
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2015 17:47:51 GMT
What version of accumulo?

Make sure you don't have any hotspots. For example, if you have data
ordered by time, that may cause one tablet to be much busier than the
others.

Pre-split your table(s) so that you have 20-80 tablets per tserver that you
will be ingesting into.

Use multiple writers per node (or increase the number of batchwriter
threads).

If you are using 1.7, decrease the Durability setting on your table.  That
may depend on your needs, of course.
Likewise, you can decrease the WAL replication down to 2, if you are
comfortable with that.

If you have multiple updates for the same row, make sure the column updates
are in the same mutation.

You should see about 100K ingest (for small updates) per node, per second,
sustained.

-Eric