accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Brian Loss <bfl...@praxiseng.com>
Subject Re: scan fixed range from shell
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 14:52:25 GMT
The -b and -e options specify the row portion of the key, and they are inclusive. However,
1_abc > 1_ (and the same is true for all of your other 1_ example keys), so none are returned.
If you have multiple entries for the same row (any of [column family, column qualifier, column
visibility, timestamp] differ but the row is the same), then specifying the same value for
-b and -e will give you all of those entries. In your case, you need to do what you said last,
and pick a character lexicographically higher than the one you want. something like -b 1_
-e 1~ would work.