accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "shweta.agrawal" <shweta.agra...@orkash.com>
Subject Transaction type query in accumulo
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2015 11:36:17 GMT
Hi,

Is transaction type facility available in Accumulo?
I have read about transaction in accumulo which says " Accumulo
guarantees these ACID properties for a single mutation (a set of changes
for a single row) but does not provide support for atomic updates across
multiple rows"

In my case:
If one thread is updating the fields of a document then this document
should be locked so that other thread cannot modify that document.

I am trying to achieve this by a query through conditional mutation. I
am checking whether the particular entry exist or not  then updating.
But the problem is I am doing this through 150 threads. If one thread
finds and updating particular entry then other thread should not get it.

So is this the case in conditional write?

We are achieving same thing through mongoDB by find and modify feature.

If one thread get particular document to update from conditional write
then other thread should get that particular document.

Please provide your inputs

Thanks
Shweta