accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo 1.6 vs 1.7
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2015 15:21:26 GMT
Hi Mike,

Bug-fixes should be landing in both branches if applicable and both
branches receive no new features (per semantic versioning). If you
aren't tied to one or the other, choose 1.7 as it's the way of the
future. While 1.6 is probably "safer" due to being out and in use longer
than 1.7, that doesn't imply that 1.7 is unsafe.

We have also not discussed EOL'ing 1.6 so that is not an immediate
concern but I'd guess that it would happen within the next year or two.