accumulo-user mailing list archives

From dlmar...@comcast.net
Subject Re: How does Accumulo process a r-files for bulk ingesting?
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2015 13:26:49 GMT
I believe the RFile is assigned to each tablet that contain keys in the RFiles key range. So,
1 RFile is assigned to one or more tablets. The bulk import RFile is removed after it has
been compacted by all assigned tablets.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Jeff Kubina" <jeff.kubina@gmail.com>
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, October 7, 2015 8:46:52 AM
Subject: How does Accumulo process a r-files for bulk ingesting?

How does Accumulo process an r-file for bulk ingesting when the key range of an r-file is
within one tablet's key range and when the key range of an r-file spans two or more tablets?

If the r-file is within one tablet's range I thought the file was "just renamed" and added
to the tablet's list of r-files. Is that correct?

If the key range of the r-file spans two or more files is the r-file partitioned into separate
r-files for each appropriate tablet server or are the records "batch-written" to each appropriate
tablet in memory?