accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Brendan Mahoney <btma...@gmail.com>
Subject Client fails due to single Zookeeper node failure
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2015 12:28:29 GMT
Hi,
  We have an Accumulo v1.6.1 cluster with a 5-node Zookeeper v3.4.5
cluster.   One of the Zookeeper nodes crashed and all Accumulo client
connections (including the shell) now fail with:

ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to connect to zookeeper
(node_11:2181) within 2x zookeeper timeout period 30000.

 If we move the bad Zookeeper node (node_11) to the end of the Zookeeper
node list in accumulo-site.xml, clients connect successfully.  Is the first
Zookeeper node in the list a single-point-of-failure for our Accumulo
cluster?

Thanks,
   Brendan