accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "roman.drapeko@baesystems.com" <roman.drap...@baesystems.com>
Subject RE: RowID design and Hive push down
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 20:40:46 GMT
And even if it always creates this range - can I somehow magically (maybe through iterators
etc) interpret it in a different way?

-----Original Message-----
From: Drapeko, Roman (UK Guildford)
Sent: 14 September 2015 21:39
To: Josh Elser; user@accumulo.apache.org
Cc: Drapeko, Roman (UK Guildford)
Subject: RE: RowID design and Hive push down

Hi Josh,

Thanks for response.

Well, I am not an expert in Accumulo (so looking for a clue how to implement so we avoid as
much as possible custom code) - I will try to extend my answer a little bit and explain what
I don't understand.

For example, if my rowID looks like this: 20060101_blabla

I can query Hive something like that: select * from tbl where rowid > '20060101' and rowid
< '20060102', to my understanding what's happening under the hood is AccumuloPredicateHandler
 creates a Range('20060101', '20060102') that used for scanning (?)

Am I correct in saying that AccumuloPredicateHandler always creates a range that works with
strings only and it's not possible to amend this logic?

Regarding java primitives - it always can be represented as byte[4]

Roman