accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: user authorisation problem
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 15:55:14 GMT
Shweta,

Note the difference between setauths command and addauths command.
setauths sets a users authorization to the list that you provide, while
addauths command appends a new authorization to a user's existing list.
It is expected that setauths overrides the existing list of
authorizations for a user.

Also, what version are you using? The Shell.audit messages being
displayed in the shell look annoying. Do you want them on by default?
You can turn them off by changing $ACCUMULO_CONF_DIR/log4j.properties:

In 1.5:
log4j.logger.org.apache.accumulo.core.util.shell.Shell.audit=WARN,A1

In 1.6 and greater:
log4j.logger.org.apache.accumulo.shell.Shell.audit=WARN,A1