accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error BAD_AUTHORIZATIONS for user root
Date Sun, 13 Sep 2015 16:12:48 GMT
For terminology: it's important to realize that Permissions are distinct
from Authorizations.

Permissions control granular operations on Accumulo and Accumulo Tables,
e.g. read, write, alter, etc.

Authorizations control the actual data you can see within a table (note,
this implies that you have the read permission already). This is the
"cell level visibility" aspect of the system.