accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get pre-ACCUMULO-1585 behaviour (use IPs, not hostnames)
Date Sun, 06 Sep 2015 06:06:11 GMT
FYI, there is reasoning behind doing this in respect to the larger
Hadoop community. When you run with Kerberos, things will not work at
all without proper hostnames. There are lots of cases where dealing with
hostnames is easier than IPs (e.g. what happens if the physical host you
run the namenode on dies and you need to transition it to a different
node -- IPs make this much more difficult).

That said, if there is something we can do that will make this easier
for your situation, let's give it some thought. I don't think I realized
that things were actually broken with IPs, just that we strongly
recommend using hostnames instead.