accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Parise, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Par...@gd-ms.com>
Subject Watching for Changes with Write Ahead Log?
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 21:41:25 GMT
Hi,

I'm working on a system where generally changes to Accumulo will come through that system.
However, in some cases, another system may change data without my system being aware of it.

What I would like to do is somehow listen for changes to the tables my system cares about.
I know there is a write ahead log that I could potentially listen to for changes, but I don't
know how to use it. I looked around for some documentation about it, and I don't see much.
I get the impression that it isn't really intended for this type of use case.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to watch a table for changes and then determine if
those changes were made by a different system.

Is there some documentation about how to use the write ahead log?

Thanks,

Jon Parise