accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Dylan Hutchison <dhutc...@uw.edu>
Subject Re: [Accumulo Contrib Proposal] Graphulo: Server-side Matrix Math library
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2015 15:25:11 GMT

> place this in the contrib area or create a sub-project?

Ah ha, I indeed had the two avenues mistakenly equated in my head since
both involve Incubator approval and the same proposal and IP template.

I intend Graphulo as a sub-project of Accumulo.  There are enough use cases
unrelated to Accumulo's core development (algorithms, Graphulo client,
Graphulo-specific iterators) that it makes sense to form a dedicated
project for Graphulo.  That said, Graphulo is coupled to Accumulo by design
and purpose, and there is large opportunity for synergy in that Graphulo
development may help Accumulo development and vice versa.  We're in that
happy middle spot where a sub-project makes sense.  That said, this is a
community decision, and so I'm open to other opinions.

Regards, Dylan