accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: thrift versions in accumulo
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2015 18:44:43 GMT
ACCUMULO-756 has been put on the back-burner for now (at least from
me). I'd love to revisit it, but unfortunately, I've had other
priorities.

As for 0.9.2, I've had a lot of concerns over our continued use of
Thrift. It has had serious regressions, and behavior changes in "bug
fixes" that have not been expected. I'd be in favor of switching to
0.9.2 for Accumulo 1.8.0, if we can be reasonably assured it's not
going to wreak havoc on us like 0.9.0->0.9.1 did. That means time and
testing. I think we can go ahead and make a ticket for it (if it's not
done already), and if somebody has time to do it for 1.8.0, great. If
it turns out to be more trouble than it's worth, or if it causes
unnecessary problems, we can postpone or roll back.

For 1.7.x, we'll likely stay with 0.9.1, unless our experience working
with 0.9.2 on 1.8.0 leads us to believe that it'd be a safe
transition. It'd have to be *very* low risk, I imagine... but we'd
probably need to discuss further once we have more information.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii