accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about configuring the linux niceness of tablet servers?
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2015 23:15:14 GMT
I haven't heard of anybody setting the niceness of the Accumulo
processes before. Are you experiencing a lot of CPU contention on your
nodes, such that you need to prioritize processes?

However, if you do this, I think you actually want HDFS to -2,
Accumulo to -1, and Mapreduce tasks 0 (you'll have to edit the system
security limits to allow niceness below 0 for non-root users).
Otherwise, you're lowering the priority, not increasing it (and
lowering it below other, normal user processes, since the default
niceness is 0).

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii