accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Kubina <jeff.kub...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about configuring the linux niceness of tablet servers?
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2015 21:21:40 GMT
On each of the processing nodes in our cluster we have running 1) HDFS
(datanode), 2) Accumulo (tablet server), and 3) Hadoop. Since Accumulo
depends on the HDFS, and Hadoop depends on the HDFS and sometimes on
Accumulo, we are considering setting the niceness of HDFS to 0 (the current
value), Accumulo to 1, and Hadoop to 2 on each of the nodes. The objective
is to improve the real time performance of Accumulo.

Does anyone have experience configuring their cluster in a similar manner
that they can share?  Are there any serious cons to doing this?