accumulo-user mailing list archives

From dlmar...@comcast.net
Subject Re: Accumulo GC and Hadoop trash settings
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2015 20:11:38 GMT

It's not temporary files, it's any file that has been compacted away. If you keep files around
longer than { dfs.namenode.checkpoint.period}, then you have a chance to recover in case your
most recent checkpoint is corrupt.

----- Original Message -----

From: "James Hughes" <jnh5y@virginia.edu>
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2015 3:57:57 PM
Subject: Accumulo GC and Hadoop trash settings

Hi all,

>From reading about the Accumulo GC, it sounds like temporary files are routinely deleted
during GC cycles. In a small testing environment, I've the HDFS Accumulo user's .Trash folder
have 10s of gigabytes of data.

Is there any reason that the default value for gc.trash.ignore is false? Is there any downside
to deleting GC'ed files completely?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

http://accumulo.apache.org/1.6/accumulo_user_manual.html#_gc_trash_ignore