accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: thrift versions in accumulo
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2015 17:56:39 GMT
We talked about updating 1.8.0 to 0.9.2. 1.7 would very likely not be
updated to 0.9.2 due to worry of stability from Thrift (this has been a
real problem in the past).

Thrift itself needs consistent libraries on both sides of the wire. An
0.9.1 client doesn't work with an 0.9.2 server. Thrift's compatibility
gives us the ability to run Accumulo 1.6 clients against Accumulo 1.7
servers (hypothetically).

Hopefully, you could bump the version, recompile the Thrift code in 1.7
and it would work if you want to experiment. YMMV