accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Fagan, Michael" <Michael_Fa...@cable.comcast.com>
Subject Mapping accumulo table to hive - No Column Quantifiers
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2015 00:09:28 GMT
Hi,

I am tying to test the integration of Hive14 with Accumulo 1.6.1 using table definitions below:

Accumulo

user@dev mike_test> scan

1 foo: []    value;

2 foo: []    value2

Hive

CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE mike_test(row string, foo string)

STORED BY 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.accumulo.AccumuloStorageHandler'

WITH SERDEPROPERTIES ("accumulo.columns.mapping" = ":rowID,foo:*")

TBLPROPERTIES ("accumulo.table.name" = "mike_test");

When selecting from the hive table I receive the following errror:

hive> select * from mike_test;

OK

Failed with exception java.io.IOException:org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException:
Error evaluating row

Time taken: 3.262 seconds

Is this not the correct way to map this or did I miss something?

Regards,

Mike Fagan