accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Hai Pham <htp0...@tigermail.auburn.edu>
Subject How to control Minor Compaction by programming
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2015 22:52:23 GMT
Hi,

Please share with me is there any way that we can init / control the Minor Compaction by programming
(not from the shell). My situation is when I ingest a large data using the BatchWriter, the
minor compaction is triggered uncontrollably. The flush() command in BatchWriter seems not
for this purpose.

I also tried to play around with parameters in documentation but seems not much helpful.

Also, can you please explain the number 0, 1.0, 2.0, ... in charts (web monitoring) denoting
the level of Minor Compaction and Major Compaction?

Thank you!

Hai Pham