accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OS recommendation for Accumulo
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 18:26:10 GMT
Ubuntu should be fine. Most of our builds, and many of the developers
testing environments happen to be RHEL or derivatives like CentOS, but
I also know people who develop on Mac, or FreeBSD, and I occasionally
use Fedora.

To be clear, my statement above was my personal preference, and not a
community preference. Like Josh said, we try to avoid OS-specific
stuff which would affect portability.

The reason for my personal preference of CentOS is that it's RPM-based
(I'm most comfortable working with RPMs), and it's very stable, and
has good community and enterprise support options, which might be
suitable for large-scale deployments of Accumulo.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii