accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failed to find an available server in the list of servers
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 18:56:46 GMT
Pundu,

The password to use would be the "root" user's password that you set
when calling `accumulo init`. A limitation of the SSL approach is that
it only uses sets up a secure RPC, it isn't a "complete" security
implementation (as you might get with Kerberos in 1.7).

Sadly, the error messages for SSL are very sparse when the client fails
to negotiate the handshake with a server. With the Accumulo shell, you
can try passing in the --debug option to get more information.

Alternatively, try turning up org.apache.accumulo.core.client to DEBUG
or TRACE in $ACCUMULO_CONF_DIR/log4j.properties.

- Josh