accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to use TabletLocator
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 16:59:24 GMT
Looking at how the Scanner uses it might be the easiest

https://github.com/apache/accumulo/blob/51f744143bb3911ef5e6c8a4b3d91455e0003b1c/core/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/core/client/impl/ThriftScanner.java#L223

A word of warning: TabletLocator is not included in our public API
statement. This means that you should not assume any level of stability
in this class across releases (your code may break).

This has come up a few times as a deficiency in the project as we have
no stable API you can use to ascertain the location of a Tablet. I'm not
sure if we have a JIRA issue open to make a proper user-facing tablet
locator class, but we should definitely have one by now. It really just
needs someone to champion it and push it along.

- Josh