accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo starting up but NPE in logs and can't access monitor in browser
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 04:23:57 GMT
Hi,

The NPE is stemming from some bad error handling in
Tablet#lookupTime(...). I think I had noticed this was lacking
previously, but it is very likely that there was a previous error which
got you to this scenario.

You initialized and then started Accumulo? Then you saw these errors?

Did you confirm that HDFS was running correctly and writable?

Can you run `jps -m` instead? `jps` alone doesn't include enough
information for us to know what accumulo processes are running.

As for why the monitor isn't loading in your web browser, have you
checked the monitor's log? Have you used `netstat` to verify that the
monitor has started the webserver listening on port 50095?

If you can provide all of the Accumulo logs, we can take a look at those
and perhaps give some better direction.