accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Max Thomas <max.tho...@jhu.edu>
Subject Re: client.conf warning in 1.7.0
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2015 01:06:32 GMT
Christopher/Josh - thanks for the quick responses.

I certainly understand the concerns about passing around
accumulo-site.xml. While I haven't had any issues with this, based on
poking around ClientConfiguration.java it seems that it was necessary
for various SSL/Kerberos features.

Forgive what might be a very naive question, but: currently, as a
consumer of an Accumulo from Java, I've got to provide (minimally) a
username, password, instance name, and zookeeper server string. Based on
a brief scan of ClientConfiguration, though, it does not seem that the
username/password will be read from client.conf - is that correct? Will
support for that be added in the future?