accumulo-user mailing list archives

From dlmar...@comcast.net
Subject Re: Question regarding java being the choice for accumulo
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2015 19:14:52 GMT
Except for any server side iterator logic, table balancers, etc...

----- Original Message -----

From: "Jonathan Parise" <Jonathan.Parise@gd-ms.com>
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2015 3:02:27 PM
Subject: RE: Question regarding java being the choice for accumulo

I’m not sure what the motivation behind the question is, but one other thing to keep in
mind is that you can write you own program in whatever language you want and still use Accumulo.
Accumulo uses Apache Thrift, so you can use whatever language you want with Accumulo. You
just need to compile the thrift code to your language of choice. Thrift will give you an Accumulo
API in that language.

So if you really want to write you code in C++, you can do that and still use Accumulo. You
will need a JVM to run Accumulo itself, but your code won’t need to be java based.

Jon