accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Parise, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Par...@gd-ms.com>
Subject RE: 32-bit Version of Winutils.exe
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 17:17:02 GMT
It seems like compiling would be the way to go in this case.

He has access to a 64-bit Linux VM on another machine, so he may just use that.

I was just wondering if a winutils.exe that was 32-bit was stashed anywhere. I found a 64-bit
version on git hub, but nothing 32 bit.

Thanks,

Jon

From: Mike Atlas [mailto:mike@weft.io]
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 12:34 PM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: 32-bit Version of Winutils.exe

Also, painful, but perhaps compiling hadoop from scratch on the 32bit Win7 machine might still
be feasible yourself:

http://www.srccodes.com/p/article/38/build-install-configure-run-apache-hadoop-2.2.0-microsoft-windows-os

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 12:30 PM, Mike Atlas <mike@weft.io<mailto:mike@weft.io>>
wrote:
Perhaps convoluted, but if the CPU itself is x64 and your colleague is running Windows 7-32bit,
you could run VirtualBox and host a guest x64 OS: http://askubuntu.com/questions/180761/can-i-use-virtualbox-with-a-64-bit-image-in-a-32-bit-host

I'm guessing your colleague really does have a 32-bit CPU though, huh.

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 12:12 PM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com<mailto:josh.elser@gmail.com>>