accumulo-user mailing list archives

From suave <ultraback...@gmail.com>
Subject Accumulo starting up but NPE in logs and can't access monitor in browser
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 01:18:47 GMT
Trying to start accumulo in pseudo-distributed mode on an EC2 instance.
Specs:
Ubuntu 14.04
Hadoop 2.6.0
Zookeeper 3.4.6
Accumulo 1.7.0

I just did:
start-dfs.sh (HDFS)
zkServer.sh9 start (Zookeeper)
start-all.sh (Accumulo, already did init once)

All the Accumulo processes are there because 'jps' says:

3338 Main
1374 NameNode
3491 Main
3625 Main
1858 QuorumPeerMain
1541 DataNode
4480 Jps
1741 SecondaryNameNode
3245 Main
3562 Main

So everything seems fine. However, when I check the logs I see this:

[master.Master] ERROR: localhost:9997 reports assignment failed for tablet
+r<<

and more precisely:

[tserver.TabletServer] WARN : exception trying to assign tablet +r<<
hdfs://localhost:9000/accumulo/tables/+r/root_tablet
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.accumulo.server.tablets.TabletTime.getInstance(TabletTime.java:60)
        at org.apache.accumulo.tserver.tablet.Tablet.<init>(Tablet.java:530)
        at org.apache.accumulo.tserver.tablet.Tablet.<init>(Tablet.java:449)
        at
org.apache.accumulo.tserver.TabletServer$AssignmentHandler.run(TabletServer.java:2157)
        at
org.apache.accumulo.tserver.TabletServer$ThriftClientHandler$3.run(TabletServer.java:1507)

Why is this NPE there?

Moreover another issue I have, probably not related is that I can't access
the HTTP monitor service from my browser (Safari) on my lap. When I put

http://EC2-instance-publicIP:50095

into the browser it says:

can’t open the page IP:50095 because the server where this page is located
isn’t responding

even though I did:

(a) set ACCUMULO_MONITOR_BIND_ALL to true in accumulo-env.sh
(b) allow incoming TCP connections to EC2 instance on port 50095

and the monitor is running and listening on 50095.
Maybe this is still a problem between my lap and EC2.

For answers, let me know which configuration excerpts I can give you.