accumulo-user mailing list archives

From <dlmar...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: How to control Minor Compaction by programming
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2015 00:12:21 GMT
It sounds like you want to try and not minor compact during your ingest of your data. Is that
correct?

From: William Slacum [mailto:wslacum@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2015 8:10 PM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to control Minor Compaction by programming

See http://accumulo.apache.org/1.5/apidocs/org/apache/accumulo/core/client/admin/TableOperations.html#flush%28java.lang.String,%20org.apache.hadoop.io.Text,%20org.apache.hadoop.io.Text,%20boolean%29
for minor compacting (aka "flushing") a table via the API.

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 5:52 PM, Hai Pham <htp0005@tigermail.auburn.edu> wrote:

Hi,

Please share with me is there any way that we can init / control the Minor Compaction by programming
(not from the shell). My situation is when I ingest a large data using the BatchWriter, the
minor compaction is triggered uncontrollably. The flush() command in BatchWriter seems not
for this purpose.

I also tried to play around with parameters in documentation but seems not much helpful.

Also, can you please explain the number 0, 1.0, 2.0, ... in charts (web monitoring) denoting
the level of Minor Compaction and Major Compaction?

Thank you!

Hai Pham