accumulo-user mailing list archives

From William Slacum <wsla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting InterruptedException
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 12:05:44 GMT
What does your code look like?

I've seen issues where I have some code of the form:

BatchScanner s = connector.createBatchScanner(...);
for(Entry e : s) { System.out.println(e); }

This usually results in an InterruptedException because the
TabletServerBatchReaderIterator doesn't seem to have a reference back to
the batch scanner implementation, so the scanner will get garbage
collected, which closes the batch scanner. If I change my code to the
following I can avoid the issue:

BatchScanner s = connector.createBatchScanner(...);
try {
  for(Entry e: s) { System.out.println(e); }
} finally {
  s.close();
}