accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Konstantin Pelykh <kpel...@gmail.com>
Subject Any limits on Accumulo namespaces/tables?
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2015 18:31:29 GMT
Hi everyone,

Are there any limits on a number of namespaces and tables in Accumulo?
For my current application I'm planning to use multiple namespaces to
separate data for different clients. Each namespace will have 8 tables.
Would it be posible to have 100,500, 1000 namespaces in Accumulo? How will
such namespace layout impact performance of accumulo scanner? As far as I
rememebr every time when scanner is created  it gets the whole list of
namespaces/tables from zookeeper and it slows down performace as number of
namespaces increases.

Thanks!
Konstantin
--------