accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Xu (Simon) Chen" <xche...@gmail.com>
Subject proper way to rebuild accumulo cluster
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 02:49:57 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to set up an accumulo cluster with kerberos support. I
initially used password auth, therefore accumulo wasn't configured with a
privileged kerberos principal. After I turned on kerberos, root password
doesn't work anymore (obviously..)

I then wanted to re-bootstrap my cluster - a complete rebuild is fine,
since there isn't any valuable data. I removed /accumulo from HDFS, and
re-ran "accumulo init". This time, I got the chance to enter a valid
kerberos principal, which is good.

Unfortunately, all the tservers stopped working after this. Looking at the
log, it looks like the tserver is saying "ERROR: Got message from a service
with a mismatched configuration. Please ensure a compatible configuration."

Any ideas what is the proper way rebuild a cluster?

Thanks.
-Simon