accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Xu (Simon) Chen" <xche...@gmail.com>
Subject kerberos auth, getDelegationToken
Date Sat, 06 Jun 2015 16:40:15 GMT
Hi folks,

The latest kerberos doc seems to indicate that getDelegationToken can be
called without any parameters:
https://github.com/apache/accumulo/blob/1.7/docs/src/main/asciidoc/chapters/kerberos.txt#L410

Yet the source code indicates a DelegationTokenConfig object must be passed
in:
https://github.com/apache/accumulo/blob/1.7/core/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/core/client/admin/SecurityOperations.java#L359

Any ideas on how I should construct the DelegationTokenConfig object?

For context, I've been trying to get geomesa to work on my accumulo 1.7
with kerberos turned on. Right now, the code is somewhat tied to password
auth:
https://github.com/locationtech/geomesa/blob/rc7_a1.7_h2.5/geomesa-core/src/main/scala/org/locationtech/geomesa/core/data/AccumuloDataStoreFactory.scala#L177
My thought is that I should get a KerberosToken first, and then try
generate a DelegationToken, which is passed back for later interactions
between geomesa and accumulo.

Thanks.
-Simon