accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "roman.drapeko@baesystems.com" <roman.drap...@baesystems.com>
Subject AWS cluster script - abnormal behavior
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2015 17:36:35 GMT
Hi there,

I was going to do some performance tests to evaluate the technology on AWS.

Followed https://blogs.aws.amazon.com/bigdata/post/Tx15973X6QHUM43/Running-Apache-Accumulo-on-Amazon-EMR

The exact command I am using:

aws emr create-cluster --name Accumulo --no-auto-terminate --bootstrap-actions Path=s3://elasticmapreduce.bootstrapactions/accumulo/1.6.1/install-accumulo_mj,Name=Install_Accumulo
--ami-version 3.3.1 --instance-groups InstanceGroupType=MASTER,InstanceCount=1,InstanceType=m3.xlarge
InstanceGroupType=CORE,InstanceCount=3,InstanceType=m3.xlarge --ec2-attributes KeyName=elastic_search_test
--use-default-roles

After that I can access monitor web-interface and see that everything good, however I am not
able to access shell with root/secret and any other possible combination. I receive - "Invalid
credentials". What is really interesting - 1 attempt out of 10 was successful and everything
worked as expected. This fact really confuses me.

./stop-all.sh does not work without ctrl+c

When I do ./start-all.sh I can see many logs similar to the below.

Script that is used behind the scenes is this one: https://github.com/awslabs/emr-bootstrap-actions/blob/master/accumulo/1.6.1/install-accumulo_mj

Any idea why I observe this behaviour?

Many thanks,
Roman

==> tracer_ip-172-31-47-228.eu-west-1.compute.internal.debug.log <==
2015-06-02 17:25:13,829 [tracer.TraceServer] INFO : Waiting to checking/create the trace table.
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.AccumuloSecurityException: Error BAD_CREDENTIALS for user
root - Username or Password is Invalid
at org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ServerClient.execute(ServerClient.java:63)
at org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ConnectorImpl.<init>(ConnectorImpl.java:70)
at org.apache.accumulo.server.client.HdfsZooInstance.getConnector(HdfsZooInstance.java:154)
at org.apache.accumulo.tracer.TraceServer.<init>(TraceServer.java:199)
at org.apache.accumulo.tracer.TraceServer.main(TraceServer.java:294)
at org.apache.accumulo.start.Main$1.run(Main.java:141)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: ThriftSecurityException(user:root, code:BAD_CREDENTIALS)
at org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.thrift.ClientService$authenticate_result$authenticate_resultStandardScheme.read(ClientService.java:13855)
at org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.thrift.ClientService$authen

Please consider the environment before printing this email. This message should be regarded
as confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and destroy
it immediately. Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy
by an authorised signatory. The contents of this email may relate to dealings with other companies
under the control of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Limited, details of which can be found
at http://www.baesystems.com/Businesses/index.htm.