accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "mohit.kaushik" <mohit.kaus...@orkash.com>
Subject How to generate UUID in real time environment for Accumulo
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2015 12:08:06 GMT
Hi All,

I have an application which can index data at very high rate from
multiple clients. I need to generate a unique id to store documents.
It Should
(1) use the current system time in millies.
(2) it should be designed to sort lexicographically on the bases of time.
(3) if I just store the currentTimeInMillies than i can just index 1000
unique docs per sec. It should be able to generate millions of UUID's
per sec.

I am searching for the best possible approach to implement, any help?
Regards
Signature

*Mohit Kaushik*
Software Engineer
A Square,Plot No. 278, Udyog Vihar, Phase 2, Gurgaon 122016, India
*Tel:*+91 (124) 4969352 | *Fax:*+91 (124) 4033553

<http://politicomapper.orkash.com>interactive social intelligence at work...

<https://www.facebook.com/Orkash2012>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/orkash-services-private-limited>
<https://twitter.com/Orkash> <http://www.orkash.com/blog/>
<http://www.orkash.com>
<http://www.orkash.com> ... ensuring Assurance in complexity and uncertainty

/This message including the attachments, if any, is a confidential
business communication. If you are not the intended recipient it may be
unlawful for you to read, copy, distribute, disclose or otherwise use
the information in this e-mail. If you have received it in error or are
not the intended recipient, please destroy it and notify the sender
immediately. Thank you /